Check Out these Simple Methods to Fix Roku TV Not Connecting to Wi-Fi Issue
Fix Roku TV Not Connecting to Wi-Fi
Roku introduces different TV Models with amazing and excellent features. It is common that you may come across errors while watching your favorite channels or streaming your favourite programs.
If your Roku TV is not connected to the network, there are troubleshooting tips available on our webpage to resolve this error. It is important that your device must be connected to a minimum speed Network connection to stream and watch popular programs without any interruption.
Look for the Red Checkmarks on the Screen
As you go on with the setup process, the Red check marks on the Roku TV screen indicates that the device is unable to get connected to the Internet. The troubleshooting tips are common for all the Roku TV models.
- Restart your Roku TV once and check if the network errors still persist. Navigate to Settings and hit on System Restart under System and Power to restart your device. Unplug the device from the power source, wait for some time and connect the cables back again
- Unplug the router from the power source. Turn it off for some time and on it back again. Always place the router close to your streaming device.
Stop the setup process and start it from first
Update the Software of your Device and the Router
- Try updating the software and the firmware for your router
If you use the wireless network connections, make sure you type valid network credentials. The wireless Network passwords are always case sensitive
Check the Network Settings and the Internet Speed
- Try setting up a new network connection. Navigate to the Settings > Network >Wireless (Wi-Fi) to set up a new wireless connection
- Check the internet speed and make sure that it is compatible with your Roku TV. Check the Internet connection settings – go to the Settings > Network. Use the Wireless Range Extenders to improve the wireless signal strength
- If you are using an Ethernet cable, check if it is connected properly to the device
- Avoid connecting multiple devices to your router. Refer to the router manuals and check if the settings are accurate. If come across network issues, it will be good if you replace the router with a new one
- Try disabling the network pings once to resolve the error
- Change the DNS Servers and the IP address to resolve most of the Network error.
Check the Network Signal Strength
- If you are using a TCL Roku TV model, go to the Settings > Network > Signal Strength to check the signal strength
- Avoid connecting other electronic devices close to the router
Choose the Default Factory Settings
- Try resetting the Roku to the Default factory settings and here is how you can perform it. Go to the Home screen, select Factory reset under Advanced system settings and type the code when prompted. Wait for some time and your streaming device will restart under Advanced system settings and type the code when prompted. Wait for some time and your streaming device will restart
If you want to know more about the tips to resolve the error, Roku TV not connecting to Wi-Fi, you can read the articles and the blogs that are available on our webpage https://www.roku-support-number.com/. If the troubleshooting steps available on our webpage doesn’t work, ring the toll-free lines +1-844-605-0330 and talk to our agents to get more troubleshooting tips.